Love the River’ partners invite you to join the campaign over the summer holidays 2011/12. Volunteers are needed at busy boat ramps to raise awareness of the iconic Hawkesbury River.
What is ’Love the River’?
‘Love the River’ is a community-based litter reduction & river awareness campaign that targets recreational boat users on the Hawkesbury River. Its key messages are “keep it clean” and “watch your wash”. Hawkesbury Nepean Catchment Management Authority, Hornsby, Gosford and Pittwater Councils, National Parks and Wildlife Service and the Community Environment Network have joined with local businesses and community groups to spread these simple messages about caring for the river. Volunteers and extra waste services will be at boat ramps over the summer holidays to help river-lovers keep it clean.
Volunteering is easy! All you need to do assist at 2 mornings over the 2011/2012 school holidays to:
- tell people about the ‘Love the River’ campaign
- hand out ‘Love the River’ biodegradable rubbish bags & bumper stickers
- invite boaters to help keep the river clean
How to get your name on the Roster:
Choose the location /days you would like to volunteer (see above )
Choose the shifts you would like to work: - 6-8am - 8-10am - 10am-12pm
We will confirm your shift on the roster - or suggest alternatives.
What’s in it for me?
- Feel good doing your bit raising community awareness of the river!
- A free volunteer ‘Love the River’ T-shirt
- An invite to the campaign launch
- A free end of campaign celebration and BBQ
What will be provided?
- An induction briefing & information kit that outline the project & arrangements for volunteer shifts, safety & messages for the community
- volunteer T-shirts
- ’Love the River’ handouts—rubbish bags & bumper stickers
What will I need to bring?
A smiling face
Sun protection—hat, sunscreen & sunglasses
Water & refreshments
For more information: