The Biodiversity Small Grants Program is on hold until new administrative arrangements are able to be implemented. Land for Wildlife members can be assured that every effort is being made to expedite these new arrangements.
Apply for a Landholder Biodiversity Grant
Landholders who are members of Land for Wildlife can apply at any time for a Landholder Biodiversity Grant.
Am I eligible for a grant?
As a Land for Wildlife Member you can apply for up to $2,000/year. Land for Wildlife members can apply for up to 3 years with each year being a new application. If demand for the program is high this may mean you are only successful in one year. Years 2 and 3 applications will be considered after successful acquittal of previous year.
Some changes have become necessary to share grants between regions;
- Grants will be allocated at 5 grants per month or until all available funds are used, and;
- Each month 1 grant will be awarded per Local Government Area (LGA) until the 5 grants are awarded;
- Eligible grants missing out one month will remain on the list and be reconsidered in following months.
What will be funded?
The following activities are eligible:
- Assisted regeneration and weed control
- Fencing to secure conservation area or to enable restoration of native vegetation
- Introduced pest animal control
- Revegetation (including supplementary planting with local species)
- Improvement in Habitat Structure through additional ground cover layers
- Repairs to existing habitat, soil or waterways to maintain biodiversity values
- Other work needed to maintain biodiversity values
In some cases we may arrange to visit you on your property to assess eligibility or the success of outcomes.
Previously completed works will NOT be eligible for a grant.
What funding can I get?
Applications will be funded if they are eligible, complete and meet the assessment criteria, and if CEN has funding available.
What will I need to contribute?
Contributions from landholders such as labour or co-contributions are encouraged. Payment for your own labour is not eligible.
When and how can I apply?
Eligible landholders can apply for a grant at any time. There are 50 grants available each year.
How will my application be assessed?
You will need to complete a grant application form, where you will provide details of the works you are proposing.
Applications will be assessed against the following pass/fail criteria:
- Current Member of NSW Land for Wildlife;
- The activity is good value for money;
- Undertaking the activity will maintain or improve the biodiversity values of the property.
What will I need to do if successful?
If you are successful and your application is approved:
- A letter of offer will be sent with a grant agreement. The approval of your grant may have specific conditions determined in the assessment process.
- You will need to accept the offer by signing the agreement and returning it to CEN for countersigning;
- The grant funds will be lodged in your bank account for the agreed works.
- You will need to report on the works and acquit the grant once complete to be eligible for further funding. To look at the Final Report click here.
A photo of the works should be taken before work begins and after the grant is completed and sent with the final report.
APPLICATION - Land for Wildlife Members Only
Biodiversity Grant Application Form, use one of the Options Below:
To register-online, Click here and fill out the Biodiversity Grant Application online
Download and then print the following PDF Biodiversity Grant Application form. Complete the form then post it back to CEN.
CEN - Land for Wildlife Grants
PO Box 149
Download the following MS Word Expression of Interest form, complete it electronically, and then send back to CEN as an email attachment.
Acknowledgement: Funding for the Land For Wildlife Biodiversity Grants program is provided by the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust.