The Community Environment Network (CEN) is an alliance of community and environment groups from the NSW Central Coast and Lake Macquarie.
CEN regularly posts jobs and volunteer opportunities that are available in the Central Coast and Macquarie Lakes regions.
The CEN is a non-government community group that works for Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) and against threats to it.
The Aims and Objectives of the CEN include the following:
- To increase the effectiveness of community groups by networking and facilitating efforts to achieve ESD.
- To be a significant regional voice on the Central Coast with respect to the environment.
- To provide a forum for public discussion and education about the environment.
- To increase public awareness and understanding through awareness, education and promotion of ESD and how it may be achieved.
- To promote community monitoring of the environment and action to achieve ESD.
- To facilitate the empowerment of individuals and to encourage them to take an active and positive role in enhancing their environment.