Let your bequest make the difference
Your bequest to CEN will support our conservation efforts, it will last for a long time and provide a cleaner healthier environment for our children.
- CEN is an independent not for profit organisation that works to protect and preserve the environment of the Gosford, Wyong and Macquarie areas. We also work on projects that impact on the whole coast of NSW.
- CEN works with hundreds of volunteers and nearly 100 member groups to improve our environment.
How your bequest will help our work:
Your bequest will be used to fund our campaigns and support volunteers. CEN volunteers work for free each year to protect our environment for future generations. With your donation we can make sure their efforts are not in vain.
Case studies which used donations
CEN works to protect the flows in our streams and groundwater as well as improve the water supply. Our community volunteers measure water quality on a regular basis at over 40 waterways.
|Research into Hanging Swamps and wetlands:
Hanging swamps and wetlands are homes to an enormous number of our threatened plants and animals. Protecting these environments will save them for future generations.
|Marine Education and research:
CEN is working with councils and groups to establish a marine centre on the Central Coast which will be used for research, education and tourism.
|National Parks and Reserves:
CEN members have helped bring about many national parks and reserves, including Wyrrabalong and Jillby National Parks. They also work to protect, preserve and regenerate bushland.
There are four basic types of bequest to include in your will:
- Specific Gift: This specifies an amount of money or property or some other asset.
- Percentage or fractional bequest: This specifies that a percentage or fraction of the total value of your estate will be willed to CEN.
- Residual Bequest: This wills to CEN the remainder of your estate after all expenses have been met and all other beneficiaries have received their inheritances.
- Whole Estate: This wills the entire amount of your estate to CEN.
You should consult your solicitor or professional advisor when completing a will. We recommend the following wording:
"I give, devise and bequeath an amount of $................ from my Estate to the Community Environment Network Inc. (CEN), ABN 976-711-281-58 for its general purposes (please include your bequest option here) free of all duties and taxes payable upon or in consequence of my death, and the official receipt of the Treasurer or other authorised person shall be a complete and sufficient discharge for the Executor"
You can nominate your preferences in your bequest or you can allow the volunteers at CEN to decide.
Tax Deductions Status:
CEN is a registered environmental organisation all donations to the Gift Fund are tax deductible.
Thank you for your support and interest. If you would like to discuss other options, please call us.
Call: 02 4349-4756
Fax: 02 4349-4755