Dear Central Coast students,
You are invited to submit your entry for the 2019 Central Coast High Schools Open Writing Competition.
The 2019 theme is Human Rights in an Age of Climate Change - So What’s the Action Plan?
Students are to respond in writing (fiction, non-fiction short story, poem, play, report, song, blog, etc) in less than 500 words to this theme and question posed.
The below resources provide a starting point for the written responses and begin the student engagement in action plans, thinking globally and taking actions locally.
1. Australian Youth Climate Coalition: Repower our Schools
2. History of how it all started: Background Story
3. Human Rights: Climate Lawsuits
4. Rights of Nature: Whose Side Are you On?
5. Plant Based : Are You Vego Enough?
6. Central Coast GUST: Local Tree Planters
7. Trees are one of the solutions: Cool Trees
1. Full Name of Central Coast high school student/youth
2. Postal address
5. Date of Birth
6. Central Coast High school name and suburb and year of study if applicable
7. Full Name of a contact teacher at high school or home school
8. Contact email and telephone number for the teacher (if available)
9. Confirmation that the entry submitted is the work solely of the student registering and submitting their entry.
10. Accept that winning entries will be published with full name and school of student, together with photos from the awards presentation.