(Topic - Presenter)
Wallarah 2 – Mike Campbell
- Coming up for judicial review
- EDO conducting case
- IESC Report
- Proponent says aquifers will recover in 500 years
Power Station Ash Dams – Gary Blaschke
- In Lake Munmorah area we have 455 olympic swimming pools of toxic ash
- Delta is self-monitoring air quality
- 1 monitoring station on Wyong Racecourse
- 9 cancer clusters identified
- Asbestos in LM Power Stn site (tonnes buried)
- Environmental Health and Human Health audits required on Central Coast
Mangrove Mountain landfill – John Asquith
- CCCl’s Committee has had 3 meetings
- EWPA was supposed to attend
- Findings to be tabled to CCCcl
Kangy Angy – Tracey Stewart
- KARAG constantly battling and now monitoring
Winney Bay - 5 Lands Walk pathway – Heather Graham
- Works currently underway from Fed Govt grant of $875k
- Next stage(s) involving another $4m from Regional Dev Aust to be reviewed following community consultation
- Bushcare needed after works to deal with weeds esp Bitou bush
Environmental Control – John Asquith
- Following 8 years of poor control, Ccl needs compliance officers to monitor approval conditions
Mooney Progress Assocn – John Andrews
- Suggested formation of “Friends of the Hawkesbury” association
Friends of the ABC - Ross McGowan
- Rally on July 8 raised issue of the qualifications of ABC Board Members – business or broadcasting?
Solar Energy – Jo Muller
- Panels now installed on Marine Discovery Centre
Issues raised for State and Federal elections - Forum:
- Central Coast has 4 state seats and 2 Federal seats
- All are vulnerable
- Fed election not likely until May 2019
- Time is right to lobby for CC priorities in both spheres
- Democracy in Australia under threat – need ideas to get general public motivated to protect
- Citizens should not have to resort to GIPA’s to obtain info from Ccl, State or Fed
- EPA has been emasculated
- Housing developments.
- Catherine Hill Bay – 600 blocks released without workable sewerage system.
- RoseCorp has DA for CHB + 400 for Gwandalan
- Warnervale – wholesale destruction of flora and fauna
- Is Wyee station to get lifts but not Tuggerah?
- Seniors accommodation?
- Affordable Housing?
- Jobs in Tourism
- Northern Boundary of CCC LGA?
- Womens refuges
- Wildlife Corridors
- Developers (secrecy of planning schemes)
- CCRP 2036 is a disgusting document!
- Who said Gosford is “Capital” of CC?
- What will 34500 new houses do to Central Coast environment and infrastructure?
- What is $180m pa for mineral extractions?
- VFT to be funded by development
- Proportional representation – nobody is actively championing a change in the constitution
- CCCcl would benefit from an environmental audit
- New GM wil consider desirability of Environmental dept
- Land banking in Gosford?
- Stack parking
- Council’s Env Ed Officer / Waterways & Ocean Protection officer – knew nothing of Seismic testing
- CEN advocates zero shadowing of public parks including Kibble
- Energy Storage on Central Coast
- Is pumped hydro feasible on CC as in upper Hunter
Gosford CBD and Planning – Gary Chestnut
- Presentation provided
- CEN can distribute further
- Planning has been taken away from CCCcl by SEPP which overrides LEP
- Assessment rules and procedures changed
- Still time to submit objections
Sustainable Future for Wyong Shire (Northern Boundary, Porters Creek and Town Centre) – (Facilitated session)
- Regional Plan
- Submissions on Northern Boundary of LGA?
- Industrial estates with smaller units and common amenities
- Group training – 5 Units still vacant
- Implications of Greater Sydney Strategy – Newc/ Sydney / W’gong
- Where has green belt around Sydney gone?
- Wyong Town Centre development for roads/parking/bus interchange
- Use of heritage precinct
- Pedestrian considerations
- VFT keeps cropping up
- Feasibility studies have been done
- Fed govt route shows loss of Peat Is and Porter’s Ck wetlands
Seismic Testing off the Central Coast and Newcastle – Dr Natasha Deen
- Asset Energy has been given approval for sonic testing for hydrocarbons off coast between Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Newcastle by Minister Matt Canavan
- Dubious assessment by “independent” NOPSEMA – heavily stacked with industry advocates
- Proven damage to ocean life
- No monitoring of effects before or after
- Lobby Pat Conroy
- Attend Whale Dreaming Festival
- Sign petition against (currently 24,000 signatories)
Climate Change / Solar / Renewable Energy – Jo Muller
- Aust leads world in species extinction
- Suzuki said “Think Globally, Act Locally”
- To achieve zero carbon we must start at home and move on to Ccl level and progress to state and federal intervention
- Building codes and Ccl assessment must include low carbon considerations
- Lifestyle and population levels need to be debated within the community
- Political considerations have overridden the voices of the scientific community
- Chief Scientist (Finkel) should provide leadership
- Energy production must consider trilogy of climate, reliability and cost equally for sustainability
- Background paper available
Drinking water operating licence and waterways – John Asquith
- Water is a looming issue
- Protect drinking water catchments west of M1
- A CEN Water Sub-Committee would be appropriate.
- Seek expertise
- Is basis used by Councils for pricing of water usage appropriate?
- ·Terrigal lagoon pollution
- Terrigal and Avoca beaches polluted by sewage
- Is there a Water Plan for 2020 including pipeline construction?
- Mangrove Dam was limited by some modifications done some years ago
Northern COSS (Wyong Area) – John Asquith
- Porters Ck wetlands
- CCC to support State Govt Plans
- See CEN submission from 2012
- 240 ha former CEN project(?)
- Where is former Wyong Conservation Strategy
- What steps are needed to ensure protection in perpetuity?